Fixate Mexican Taco Meat
Its week 1 of following the Ultimate Portion Fix with my hubby and fit group and this is his favorite dinner so far, second being the meatloaf.
Listen, this is a lifestyle not a diet.
Yes you can still have your tacos and stay on track!
Here is what you need:
1tsp olive oil
1 medium onion
2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (I use bell peppers instead)
2 cloves garlic ( I just sprinkled in some Mrs. dash salt free garlic)
1lb raw ground turkey LEAN she suggest 93% I used 99%
1tsp ground chipolte chili powder or 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp dried oregano leaves – I used Italian seasonings
1 dash Himalayan sea salt
1 1/2 cups grandmas tomato sauce recipe ( I used organic low sugar tomato sauce)
3 tbs all natural tomato paste no salt added
- Organic Corn Tortilla (2 = serving)
Here is how to make it:
- Heat oil in large skillet
- Add onion and peppers. Stir occasionally 4-5 min until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic, cook a few more minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, set aside.
- Add turkey to skillet, stir it and break it up into pieces. Cook 8-10 minutes until no longer pink.
- Season with chili powder, sea salt and oregano.
- Add the onion mixture to the turkey skillet and combine.
- Add tomato sauce & paste.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir and cook another 8 minutes.
- Serve it with corn tortilla and a green veggie and enjoy.
If you are following the ultimate portion fix plan and saved your blue you can top with diced avocado or some shredded cheese!
More Healthy Recipes Here