Carrot Cake Oatmeal Muffins
How often do you stop in a coffee shop for a coffee and end up grabbing an oversized muffin too? Most store bought or bakery muffins are JUMBO and can have up to 470 calories, 20 grams of fat and 40 grams of sugar!!!! Are you kidding me!!!!
Instead skip the added sugar and wasted calories and make these homemade muffins instead. These are just one of the recipes inside the Ultimate Portion Fix Nutrition Program.
- 2 cups dry old fashioned rolled oats
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup grated carrots
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 tbs light sour cream
- 3tbs powdered sugar
- Muffin pan/liners
Here’s how you make them
- preheat oven to 350
- prepare 12 muffin cups, set aside
- combine oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt in medium bowl, mix well and set aside.
- combine coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, extract, carrots and pineapple in a medium bowl and mix well
- fold coconut mixture into oat mixture, mix well
- divide batter evenly into 12 prepared muffin cups
- bake 30 minutes, rotating pan after 15 minutes
- while oatmeal cups bake, make the icing. Combine sour cream & powdered sugar in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Let oatmeal cups cool in pan until you can handle them. Remove to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle each with approximately 1tsp icing before serving.