Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
These suckers are soo good. They were a hit at our new years eve party and I know they will be perfect at any potluck or gathering. I stuck a toothpick in each one making them even easier to grab and go!
Here is what you need:
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos I use this one
- 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated (I used ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper can use hot sauce more or less to taste as desired
- Optional toppings: Sesame seeds green onion
Here is how you make them:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with non stick spray. (I had a cookie sheet with a rack over it so I omitted the parchment paper).
- Place the ground turkey in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the coconut aminos, the maple syrup, the apple cider vinegar, minced garlic and ginger. Mix well. Save a small amount of mixture.
- Slowly pour mixture over the ground turkey. I used my hands to mix it all up well. Sprinkle in cayenne and mix some more.
- Use a teaspoon or small scooper to create even sized small meatballs.
- Space them out on the tray
- Cook for 20-25 minutes
- Warm the rest of mixture and drizzle over meatballs
- Place in serving bowl and add a toothpick to each if using. Serve and enjoy!