FIXATE Cookbook- 21 day fix approved recipes
Fall in love with FIXATE…
She created the mega-popular 21 Day Fix® and 21 Day Fix EXTREME®. Now trainer extraordinairre, Autumn Calabrese, is back with the long-awaited arrival of her new cookbook, Fixate.
The demand for the book has been off the charts. “People have been asking about it for so long,” she says. “Now I can finally tell people it will be available in August”.
Fixate will teach you how to make healthy, delicious meals that fit into your busy lifestyle. And every recipe includes container equivalents to use with 21 Day Fix, as well as nutritional information you can use with any Beachbody® fitness program.
So what inspired Autumn to assemble this culinary masterpiece?
“My family was in the restaurant business, so I basically grew up in the kitchen,” she explains. “I was able to take my family’s recipes and make them healthier.”
“We took our time, tested the recipes and I love every single one of them,” she says with pride. “It’s not fancy cooking; there’s a variety of everyday go-to recipes and special recipes for special occasions.”
How many recipes are in the book, you ask? Try 101. Some were creations of a chef very close to Autumn’s heart: her brother. “That makes it even more sentimental for me,” she says.
Each of the recipes comes complete with detailed instructions, mouthwatering photos, nutritional information and container equivalents. What’s more, Autumn has added icons to each recipe that will let readers know if they are paleo, gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian.
Who is this book for?
“This book is for everybody,” says Autumn. “You don’t have to be graduates of 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix EXTREME®. You also don’t have to be a chef or great in the kitchen. It’s for anyone who wants to make healthier versions of the foods they love.”
According to Autumn, “Everyone will use the book differently. For some, it will become their “go-to” cookbook they use every single day. Others may use it when they’re going to a special event like a barbeque or party.”
And in addition to all the amazing recipes, Autumn has also included a detailed checklist for her absolute must-have kitchen and pantry staples, as well as the basic utensils and tools that every cook needs.
What’s in the book?
Inside Fixate you’ll find a section for every possible meal you can imagine: simple breakfasts, on-the-go lunches, sit down dinners, soups, salads, as well as healthy snacks like kale chips and protein bars.
Autumn insisted that all the “on-the-go” lunch recipes be easy and fast for working moms. “I based all of the lunches off leftovers from dinner and even breakfast,” she reveals. “I turned them into delicious, easy-to-make lunch recipes.” Autumn adds, “I also included a few of my favorite Shakeology recipes—even some Fix-approved skinny cocktails.”
And then there’s the desserts. “I have a big sweet tooth so I was really pleased with them,” she says. “I especially love the brownies (made with chick peas), peanut butter cookies and cake recipes, and the desserts are all gluten-free so absolutely everyone can enjoy them.”
Check out some sample recipes
Pineapple Chicken Skewers
- 8 bamboo skewers
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 16 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- gluten-free 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
- ½ large red onion, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag (or container)
- add soy sauce, oil, and ginger
- seal bag and shake gently to mix.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill on medium heat.
- Place a piece of chicken, pineapple chunk,bell pepper, and onion onto a skewer. Repeat, so the skewer has two pieces of each ingredient. Repeat with seven remaining skewers.
- Discard marinade that contained chicken.
- Grill skewers on covered grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Serve immediately.
Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
- 2 medium ripe bananas, cut into pieces
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Unsweetened almond milk (optional)
- Place banana in plastic bag; freeze for 4 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Place banana and strawberries in blender (or food processor) cover. Blend until smooth.
- Add 1 to 2 Tbsp. almond milk, if needed, for creamier texture.
- Serve immediately
For more info check out Autumn yourself….
What if I don’t have containers?
You have several options. The containers help you know exactly what the portion size is.
Option 1 is the challenge pack either for the original 21 day fix ( a bit more basic) or Extreme 21 day Fix. Both come with the meal guide so you know how many servings of each food group to each, a month of shakeology nutrition to replace a meal with and 30 minute workouts you do at home.