Bacon & Brussel Sprouts
Okay so my dad loves the comedian Jim Gaffigain and he does this skit about BACON so literally every time I hear BACON I hear it in the voice from the skit.
Now you may turn your nose up at brussel sprouts but hear me out. Growing up I hated them too and now I eat them every single day. I have had Bacon wrapped brussel sprouts but thats a recipe for another day. Today its about combining bacon and brussel sprouts in one savory dish!
Give this easy one pot dish of bacon and brussel sprouts and you wont dislike them anymore.
- 4 strips Grassfed (best if also grass fininshed) bacon
- 2 tbs grassfed butter or coconut oil
- 1lb brussel sprouts halved
- 1/2 lg onion chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, then roughly chop.
- In same pan with bacon fat, melt butter over high heat.
- Add onions and Brussels Sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss bacon back into pan.
- Serve immediately.
Now go make the bacon lover in your family happy and serve them up a dish of these bacon and brussel sprouts!!!