Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps
How many of you are excited for the big game on Sunday? If you know me, you know I am a New England Girl (despite hating the cold) and super excited to be back in the Super Bowl this year, GO PATS!
With the big game means lots of GRUB and finger foods. It does not mean you have to wreck your nutrition by loading up on crap. I highly encourage higher protein foods and veggies of course. So this one pairs both of those together!
This is taken from the Fixate Cooking Show that everyone with a BOD membership gets access to.
Here is what you need?
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped onion (approx. ½ medium)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper (approx. ½ medium)
- 1½ lbs. raw 93% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground paprika
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup Marinara
- 6 large lettuce leaves, washed, dried
- ¾ cup chopped tomato
- 6 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
How to cook and assemble tacos
- Heat oil in non stick pan
- Add onion and bell pepper. Cook 4-6 minutes
- Add turkey. Cook 5-6 minutes until no longer pink
- Add seasonings
- Add water and marinara sauce. Reduce heat to low, cook covered for 10-12 minutes
- Evenly top each lettuce leaf with turkey mixture, tomato and cilantro.
- Eat and enjoy!
Who are you cheering for?