You read that right FLOURLESS brownies from MADE WHOLE.
I am always on the hunt for a GOOD tasting, gluten free, dairy free, grain free recipe. I have tried a ton of gluten free and flour free dessert recipes that usually turn up as a fail. Not this time!
I started following The Cast Away Kitchen on IG. I also started seeing others post about making recipes from the cookbook MADE WHOLE on insta stories.
I wanted to give it a try. You do not have to follow a KETO diet or a PALEO diet to enjoy her recipes (though I recommend you give it a try I bet you have inflammation and don’t even know it). Anyway, these brownies were YUMMY!
Here is what you need:
- 1.5 cups unsweetened pumpkin puree OR 2 small avocado mashed
- 1 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated erythritol or other low carb sweetener. I used swerve.
- 1/4 cup + 2tbs nut or seed butter
- 2tsp baking soda
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 4 large pasture raised eggs
Here is how to make this yummy dish:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree
- lightly grease 8inch square baking pan
- In a blender, combine everything but the eggs. Blend on high until a thick batter forms.
- Add the eggs to the blender again until fully combined and smooth.
- Use the spatula to scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Spread out the batter. If using toppings, add them now.
- Bake the brownies on the middle rack of the oven for 35 to 40 minutes. When the sides are dry and risen and the center is firm to the touch and doesn’t look wet(darker than the rest), they’re ready. You can also go by the toothpick test. The toothpick wont be totally clean but should come out streaked and crumbly.
- Remove the brownies from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes before cutting.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
These were so good, they did not last the weekend!