Chocolate Crackle Cookies
Tis the season for Christmas cookies!
I grew up in a large neighborhood where many houses would make several different kinds of cookies, create assorted plates and bring them to the neighbors. Ya know back when people talked to their neighbors….
If you follow me or get my weekly newsletters you know my love for chocolate chip cookies especially my cookie bars…..but these are my new obsession!!!
If you are into a cookie swap or just want a yummy treat at your Christmas party these are a must make.
Let’s make these yummy cookies.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener ( 3/4 if you want it really sweet)
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 liquid egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 cup enjoy life dark chocolate chips
- extra coconut flour to sprinkle on the cookies
Here is how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Miss the almond flour, coconut flour, monk fruit sweetener, sea salt, cocoa powder, baking powder
- Add in the vanilla extract, liquid egg whites, coconut oil and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Chill for an hour (Im lazy and put the bowl in the freezer)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I used a rubber baking sheet )
- Use a tablespoon to scoop the batter into cookie sized drops.
- Flatten them a little and make sure there is enough space between each one.
- Sprinkle a little coconut flour on each one and bake 10 minutes.
I like crisper cookies so I kept mine in for a few extra minutes.
Let cool and enjoy.