Did you grow up loving tater tots? Well most people do. Here is a sweet and healthy twist on your regular tots that adds more nutrients and reduces the carb count!
Here is what you need:
- Hot water
- 4 cups broccoli florets ( side note you can save a whole step by buying RICED Broccoli instead you can get it in the frozen food section).
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used dairy free/soy free cheese)
- 1/2 cup gluten free panko bread crumbs (Ian’s brand italian style)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (I omitted this)
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp Himalyan sea salt
Here is how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Heat large saucepan of water to boiling over high heat.
- While water is boiling, place broccoli in food processor; process until rice-like consistency (can skip this step if using riced broccoli
- Add broccoli to boiling water; blanch 30 seconds to 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Place in cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel; wring out excess water.
- Place broccoli, eggs, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and onion (if using) in food processor. Pulse until well blended.
- To make each tot, shape approximately 1 packed Tbs broccoli mix into tot shape. Place on prepared pan.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, rotating after 12 minutes, or until crispy.
Eat and enjoy, these are HUBBY APPROVED!
these count as 1 Green 1/2 Yellow 1/2 Blue
Serves 4 (approx. 6 tots each)