Before you cringe at the thought of avocados in brownies, hang on. Avocados make things thick and creamy and rich! I add frozen avocado some days to my shakes. I love using avocado as a dairy free option in pudding. I also love them in these brownies.
Once all the ingredients are blended you CANNOT taste them.
This recipe is from Cristina over at Castaway Kitchen. I love her cookbook MADE WHOLE. She gives more of a breakdown and tips. I just added everything to a blender and these were so good.
Here is what you need:
- 1 egg, 1 egg white (can use 2 eggs)
- 1 medium, ripe, hass avocado (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup melted ghee coconut oil
- 3–4 tbsp unsweetened almond butter
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup Lakanto granulated sweetener
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup enjoy life dark chocolate chips
Here is how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
- Blend all ingredients (she warns not to blend too much or they will be cakey. I blended much longer and they were still great).
- Transfer to the loaf pan
- I topped with some extra chocolate chips
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool then lift up the parchment paper and place on cutting board. Cut into squares
- Enjoy. I store mine in the fridge as I like cold treats.